cis people aren’t allowed to edit my papers anymore
"WHAAATT? I HAVE TO EXPLAIN MY WORK??? IN MY OWN PAPER??? WHAT THE FUUUCK??"
Well if you’re trying to convey a topic not everybody is well-versed on and get people on your side, yeah, maybe citing evidence, providing examples, and helping people understand instead of throwing out a heated statement with little backing and ending on that would maybe possibly make your work a tiny bit more credible. Just sayin’. It’s your paper in the sense that you’re the author, but you’re not the one reading it and trying to get something from it.
oh for chrissakes u fuckstick
1. this is not the first time i mentioned privilege in the paper. or cisgender. this paper was written on my personal experiences with being trans, and the difficulties i’ve faced because of it, and the difficulties that cisgender people with otherwise comparable lives have not faced.
2. the terms privilege and cisgender had both been thoroughly elaborated on in this paper.
3. this paper was written for a women’s studies class, on gender analysis, in which both privilege and cisgender privilege in particular had been explained, elaborated upon, and discussed by the professor.
4. the comment was not by the professor, it was by a cis classmate during a peer review.
5. the words cisgender and privilege are both in scare quotes (in case you can’t google that or don’t know what it means or want to deny their existence, scare quotes is when you put a word or phrase in quotation marks to make it seem less real — the textual version of sarcastically making air quotes with your fingers)
6. another edit, by the same editor, involved asking me what my birth name was. i’m sure you don’t need to be told that that’s transphobic.
7. i spoke to the professor about this edit, and he agreed with me that the comment (and the way it was phrased) was out of line.
bonus: if your reaction to seeing gross transphobic things is “well it’s probably the trans person’s fault”, then you’re gross and transphobic and i hope you don’t know any trans people IRL for their sake
Terribly sorry we aren’t psychic and didn’t know all of those background details to that because YOU DIDN’T PROVIDE THEM. Next time we’ll link our brains to the World Network and download all of your background stories into our heads.